Thursday, January 24, 2019

The training and first week in Moncada

The past couple of weeks have been a bit of a blur, however I feel like I left London 100 years ago. The training was very intense but it was great to get to know each other and get back into CELTA/teaching stuff. After not having done much since I went back to full time work waiting to start the ERASMUS project. The dorm bed was probably one of the most uncomfortable I have ever endured but 3 square meals a day was a real luxury.

First week in Moncada has had its ups and downs. I think I'm trying to adjust to a slower pace of life as I'm definitely used to the noise and feel of a city, so this is quite different for me. The school I'm placed in is loud and vibrant. The smaller children in particular seem to have really taken to me and I to them. I've received one picture and a handmade rainbow and more hugs than I can count (I'm sure a virus is to kick in anyway as there are so many going around) I've spent about 3 nights doing extra hours in the Schola for more experience and do enjoy the smaller groups to teach.

 I'm definitely looking forward to my weekend off as I'm feeling really worn down just from all the early mornings and long days. It's a good kind of tired though. I'm really hoping something great comes from all of this job wise, whether I would stay in Spain or not I don't know. I am keen to learn Spanish still but I think a bigger city would be more ideal for me. I also am missing London even though all I do is talk smack about it. Considering the weather there though I think I'll stay here for now. Saying that though our flat is pretty arctic, Spanish architecture is not made to keep the heat in.

Adíossssssss!

No comments:

Post a Comment