Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Mid point of week 2

After an amazing weekend in Valencia catching up with my Dad and exploring the city I must admit I was a little sad to return to Moncada. As someone who has grown up used to cities, living in a small town is a hard adjustment. There just isn't much life or buzz on these streets.

That being said walking into school now is rather like what I imagine the famous life is. Kids calling your name every few seconds, high fives, hugs, being spoken at in fast Spanish (which half the time I get the gist of or I smile and nod anyway and the the kids are happy!)

I'm fond of my classes although am finding it harder to click with my teens. The experience with little kids has been lovely because they're just full of love and enthusiasm whereas teens you have to work for it. I have a new sympathy for all of my secondary school teachers (If any of you are reading this - I'm sorry!)

I've been volunteering at Schola too after school usually Mondays and Wednesdays, which means I get to have a catch up with Peggy too! I enjoy the atmosphere here and the extra experience I'm gaining.

Peaceeeeeee!

1 comment:

  1. I was such a brat in secondary school too Molly, especially when I realised that I wasn't going to be hit for it (as kids in primary were!) I rebelled against everything and anything, except with my maths and English teachers whom I respected.

    ReplyDelete