Sunday, January 27, 2019

Alive and well in Valencia

Where does the time go? Between teaching and having fun there doesn't seem to be a lot left for communicating - complaints from my Family 'Mum, Gran, what's happening?'. Well 'what's happening is A Lot! I've been very, very fortunate with my placement at Familia Sagrado - Blanca, my mentor and the teacher I spend most time with couldn't be nicer - so supportive, warm and firiendly. In the classes (16 out of the 20) there is Blanca, Elaina - a trainee teacher and me. She has divided the classes into 3 groups with 3 X 20 mins. slots which are rotating so for every class I have been preparing 20 min. lessons, this has been a nice gentle lead-in to me teaching 2 X 1 hour classes on Tuesday next. Yikes!! Will let you know how they go.

Otherwise and also very fortunate with my flat mates, just a shame all 7 of us here in Valencia couldn't be living together. We've had our first Night out on the Town which was a 'lorra, lorra, fun!' (say no more) and I just Loved the Escape Room experience on Friday.

All in all things are pretty good, though I still get nervous before teaching, especially during preparation when my brain seems to freeze for long periods, I know all will be well and soon as I actually begin - in my mind anyway, haha! Let's see how the observed lessons go though... Best to you all, d. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment