Sunday, January 27, 2019

Chester to Valencia/Moncada

After a whirlwind week of training and copious amounts of food in Chester we arrived on Saturday night into Valencia. All a little disorientated it took the Sunday to get acclimatised to Moncada (a process that, in truth, is still ongoing).

 Before we knew it Monday was upon us. Nervous, excited and with a belly full of bread I made my way to my school (a mercifully short 10 minute walk from the apartment). Despite circling the building to find the correct entrance I arrived with plenty of time and was met by our UKLC coordinators and the representatives from SCHOLA (Andrea x 2). It was a lovely way to be introduced to the school and my incredible, and very energetic, tutor/mentor. I must say I really appreciated the introduction and support that gave me on my first day. I shouldn't have been as apprehensive because my tutor is genuinely one of the friendliest and most welcoming people I have ever met.

Similar to Chester this first week in Moncada as been a bit of blur trying desperate to take on a lot of new information and situations, however I do feel I have started to find my feet now. Despite some communication breakdowns and lack of clarity of my expectations within my role at the school I'm starting to feel more settled and think I have started to earn the trust of my tutor and have been slowly given more responsibility. Though it does seem you have to be clear, firm and sometimes direct to get to that stage, something which can be daunting when you are taking on so much newness.

All in all despite some ups, downs, worries and confusion I am started to feel more settled at the school and outside of it too. It has been great and I would highly recommend seeing the city, taking in the beauty and also just trying to have some fun if nothing else to stop your mind from being flooded with teacheriness. Something my tutor has insisted upon! #loveyouMaribel #Moncadalife #blessed #hashtag

Oh also it was cold as hell for the first few days, which I did not pack for! Luckily things have started to warm up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment