Thursday, February 7, 2019

The Grammar Gameshow - BBC Learning.
Am I the only one who didn't know about this? ( actually I know I'm not as my flat mates hadn't heard of it either!). I used it to consolidate learning around Reported Speech (episode 23) and the students (and the teacher) loved it. I followed it up by creating a TV studio in the classroom and devised numerous roles. I gave the 'naughtiest' student (i.e. Very Bright but Easily Bored) the job of Studio Manager - his role was audience control and also holding up the 'Cheer', 'Clap' and 'Boo' signs.  One of the shy kids was The Scorer, 3 others were the Participants and 12 members of the 'audience' asked the questions. It went down really well and I'd feel confident to use it again. Hope I can come up with something as creative for my observed lesson next Friday (yikes!).

Can't believe we are going into our last week - it's too short! At least 2 more months!!!!
Good luck everyone for next week.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really cool idea that worked well! Thanks for tip D :)

    ReplyDelete