Friday, February 1, 2019

Crazy and beautiful!



There's nothing quite like it....Facing your fears, that is.


Walking into a classroom filled with teenagers, you start to remember all the weird and boring stuff your teachers used to do, and you keep saying to yourself "this time it's gonna be different, I'm gonna be different! I'm gonna be the cool teacher, I'm gonna play great games, I'm gonna be that teacher that's gonna keep the students at the edge of their seats!"
So you start smiling, you get confident, you stroll around the board with a weird smile on your face and then you look at the schedule and see.....you're the technology teacher!
You're the guy who has to make formulas fun!
You're the guy who has to creatively teach them about maths, engineering and lots....and lots....of formulas.

Heart's pumping...Palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy, something about spaghetti....


You know the drill, right?

But I survived, two classes of technology, one after another.

Who knew I could find and teach similarities between football and electricity? (hint: the electron's the ball)
They didn't know that was possible, the resident teacher didn't expect it, the students were surprised (well...probably confused too, but, I'll just focus on the surprise part for now)
That moment when you goo too deep in the football metaphor and you look at the resident teacher for help and he looks confused back at you......Priceless!


Listen, what I'm blabbing on about is this: I made it, I survived it and I lost a fear on the way. If I can do it, EVERYONE can do it!


Peace out!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying again (bad spelling after a glass of wine - my excuse? Been up since 5:45!)
    'Wish I had been a fly on the wall during that class Cris, priceless sounds just about right! :)

    ReplyDelete