Sunday, February 10, 2019

Taking some time to reflect

As we're entering the final week, I'm taking some time to reflect on all the new experiences and varying emotions I've felt throughout my time here. 

As someone who wasn't totally sure she wanted to enter into teaching and who used to feel such stage fright and trembling nerves when speaking to a group of strangers, I've enjoyed this experience. I may have felt nervous about some of the things I was teaching but didn't feel at all nervous in front of the children, which surprised me.

I won't say that this has been a huge turning point for me and that I've suddenly found a love for teaching or a concrete career path that I want to pursue forever. But I will say that I now know that it's something that isn't completely out of my reach or abilities. More than anything, for me, I'd have to say that this experience has been about confidence building and I've enjoyed getting a bit more creative with the children. I hope they've enjoyed it too.

On another note, I went for a potter around town yesterday and found some wonderful independent bookshops and ecological shops. I bought a soap for my mum that smells divine (orange, argan oil, lavender and something else that I can't remember) and a book for me. I'm looking forward to giving it to her next week.

Here are a couple of photos I took yesterday.



No comments:

Post a Comment