Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Medio Camino

Just after the halfway point now and it's definitely been a bit of a whirlwind. Some lovely moments and some more trying times too, but overall it's been an incredibly worthwhile experience already. With such a busy few weeks both in Chester and in Spain maybe I shouldn't have been surprised that this weekend my body just needed some down time. On the positive side it gave me the chance to reflect on the experience so far:

I think I've been incredibly lucky to be in a lovely school that has a truly community feel. My mentor and all the other teachers have been so friendly. It only makes me wish I had brushed up a bit more on my Spanish before I got here so I could get a bit more involved. The students are always interested in what you're doing so you don't get much downtime in school though!

I've also had some great times with the other UKLCers out here. We live slightly north of Valencia so it's always nice to venture into the city and meet up with the other half of our cohort. We've discovered some delicious food, great drinks and escaped from a post-apocalyptic future together! Me & Marina also got to go and watch a football match at the Mestella which was great fun.

Now I'm going to try to regroup and make the most of the time we have left here.

Hope all is well with the A Corunians!

3 comments:

  1. It's been great getting to know you Hugh. Looking forward to spending with you over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ' Spending time with you' ( see above!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You too D! You are literally the best :)

    ReplyDelete