Monday, February 4, 2019

Half way through...already!

I can't believe we are half way through our time in A Coruna already. It feels like I blinked and missed 2 weeks.

The start of last week was kind of chaotic...my tutor at school tore his Achilles tendon. So, my timetable changed around a lot and I am now teaching some Bachillerato classes as well as 1 ESO, which are very different challenges! Anyway, I got into the swing of things and everything is still going well.

Our school celebrated 'Juan Bosco' day on Friday, which meant no lessons but lots of activities. It started with mass (which I decided to skip), followed by hot chocolate and donuts for everyone (which I was 100% there for) and then games and activities for the rest of the day! The kids absolutely loved it. I stayed until lunch to see what was going on and then our main tutor at school (Merce) took Chloe and I out for tapas and wine. The tapas was amazing and Merce was so generous and paid for everything. It still amazes me how kind and generous everyone here is.

This weekend has also been really fun...we had a tour of the city on Sunday and for the first time in 2 weeks it actually didn't rain and we had sun! I loved seeing all of the cities main attractions and learning stuff about its history.

Now I am into my third week it is taking me a lot less time to plan lessons. I am more confident to try new things...and adapt them to work better for next time. 

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Great update, love the bit about the choc and doughnuts especially!

    ReplyDelete